Gospel Witness Award
WHAT: This award recognizes employees and/or volunteers in the SND national network who give witness to Jesus’ spirit of compassion, hope, and joy, especially to those who experience poverty in its various forms.
WHO: Award recipients reflect and nurture the Notre Dame Charism, spirit and mission within their professional communities and among all with whom they minister.
WHEN: The award recipient(s) will be announced to the network on the first Monday in May. The presentation of the award to the award recipient is at the discretion of each ministry.
HOW: Each sponsored and affiliated ministry is eligible to submit up to three (3) nominations annually for this award. Please note the following rules and guidelines:
- Any employee or volunteer of the SND national network may submit a nomination.
- Valid nominations consist of a completed nomination form endorsed by a member of the ministry’s administration, as well as a narrative of 250 words or less on why the nominee deserves the award.
- The completed form and narrative can be submitted to the office by mail, e-mail or through our website. Further instructions can be found on the nomination form.
- Files on nominees will be kept active for three (3) years, after which the candidate must either be renominated with an updated file, or the file will be closed.
- There is no minimum or maximum for the number of awards given. We do not wish to place a cap on awarding those who passionately demonstrate the qualities outlined in the Gospel Witness Award.
- All nominations, including those on file, will be reviewed in April by a national nominations committee.
- Nominations must be received by March 31 for consideration in that year’s award recipient announcement.
- A master list of all award recipients will be kept in a book at the SND motherhouse in Rome, similar to the Distinguished Graduate Award. The list will also be kept on the SND National Sponsorship and Network Office website.
- Awards and certificates will be shipped to each ministry with an award recipient by the first Friday in May. The cost of the award, certificate and shipping with be covered by the SND National Sponsorship and Network Office.
- Nominations are confidential and all award nomination materials are confidential.